[MPlayer-dev-eng] [PROPOSAL] mplayer.1 update (2)

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat May 4 03:34:40 CEST 2002

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 02:29:11AM +0200, Jonas Jermann wrote:
> > the other possible solution is splitting manpages to 3 manpage - mpcommon,
> > mplayer and mencoder... but it woul dbe hard to handle by users
> > note that few big projects, like ncurses or X11 uses this semantics
>
> Don't like that solution but it would be easier to achieve..

What about just documenting the shared options on the mplayer manpage,
then having the mencoder manpage just document the mencoder-specific
stuff and provide a few examples? On the other hand, I think combining
the man pages entirely makes more sense, and if you were doing to do
what I just suggested, there'd probably be enough work involved that
you might as well just merge them entirely.

Rich