[MPlayer-dev-eng] VP3 license change

Daniel B. Miller dan at on2.com
Thu Mar 28 21:23:14 CET 2002

> From: "Brian J. Murrell" <51d0f84acfc4ad5388503c9809754a11 at interlinx.bc.ca>
>
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 09:42:01AM -0500, Daniel B. Miller wrote:
> >=20
> > We will soon be releasing our own PVR
> > application (VpVision),
>
> On which platforms?  And a true PVR or just a "record and play (however
> you like) on the computer" application?  i.e. you record and leave it
> up to the user to figure out how to play, out to TV for instance.

For now, it's a Windows app, and no, we don't fix the TV out problems.
It's just a start.  We'd love to see it get munged into something better,
say a full-featured Linux build integrated with proper interlaced output
support, etc. etc.

Our main goal in releasing VpVision is to exercise the codec and
integrate with Vorbis audio.