[MPlayer-dev-eng] DVD navigation again

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Mar 28 21:44:41 CET 2002

Hi,

> An attempt was made a while back to add DVD navigation into mplayer, so I
> started with that patch and updated it as best I could for the latest
> MPlayer source.  Mostly, I added stuff to the new input subsystem, and
> tried to solve problems with caching.

ok. some cosmetics removed and patch applied.
i've dropped modification for old key handler , as it's obsoleted and your
solution wasn't the best anyway.

btw i didn't tested it yet...

> I'm not sure what to do about caching as it seriously breaks the
> navigation.  libdvdnav has a read-ahead feature that maybe could be
> hooked, so for now I just disabled it in my mplayer.conf file.  :)
disable it. no way to solve now

> Anyway, this uses Xine's dvdnav library:
> http://dvd.sourceforge.net/xine-dvdnav.shtml
->WTFM

> This doesn't get in the way of existing DVD functions (I made a new
> "STREAMTYPE_DVDNAV" to separate it).
ok

> Some things don't behave the way they should (like, say, the open
> warning), but I don't care about that right now.  :P
>
> I'd like to know where to hook in to do "highlighting" for the button
> navigation.  The screen coords and other info arrives, I just need to know
> how to hook it into the OSD, or something similar.  Maybe postprocessing
> of some sort?  I haven't looked into this.

no idea. what does that "highlighting" means exactly?
increasing brigthness in a rectangular area of the mpeg video?
or just draw some border (width=??, color=??) using OSD ?
in later case - needs some addition to libvo/sub.c
in prev, needs a postprocessing filter

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team