[MPlayer-dev-eng] VP3 license change

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Wed Mar 27 21:33:33 CET 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Daniel B. Miller wrote:

> fyi VP3 is being released under LGPL -- www.vp3.com

	...which means code can be ripped and distributed in a GPL app
(which MPlayer is supposed to be). This is great news. I may do just that.
I'm still working on writing that data format description and in the
process, I've noticed how plausible it would be to rip certain pieces of
the VP3 codec out of the source and drop them into MPlayer. I avoided
doing that, though, because of potential licensing conflicts.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson