[MPlayer-dev-eng] proposed frame stepping patch

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 27 19:12:39 CET 2002

Am Mit, 2002-03-27 um 16.25 schrieb Arpi:
> Hi,
>
> > attached is a patch that adds forward frame stepping using TAB key, when
> > mplayer is in pause mode. If frame stepping was used, mplayer will seek
> > one second after resuming from pause to resync audio, this will of
> > course only work correctly if stream is seekable.
> >
> > Is it OK, to apply this to cvs?
>
> no...
>
> the video decoding+flipping code should NOT be duplicated...
either you duplicate pause code or you duplicate decode + flipping,
unless we put this stuff into own function which IMHO makes sense
anyway...

> anyway your pacth will break play from stdin, the original if didn't call
> mplayer_get_key if use_stdin!=0
my local version already had an if !use_stdin.

> the right way to do this: exit pause mode if user press ket TAB (i prefer
> left/right arrows but it doesn't matter) but set a flag so after decoding
> and displaying that frame it will enter pause mode again.
> also patch the audio code to skip audio playback if this flag is set.
>
> for fileformats with interleaved audio+video it will crash after a few
> frames skipped, due to buffer overflow. so it's better to patch audio
> decoding code to in frameskip mode read max N bytes where N is calculated
> from previous video frame duration and audio samplerate/size.
hmm, but it doesn't make sense to decode audio during frame stepping, so
we cannh aswell pasue sound for that time and later resume and seek to
resync it.

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos