[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mplayer's licence (not a flame)

Roberto Togni rtogni at bresciaonline.it
Mon Mar 18 20:23:28 CET 2002

On 2002.03.18 17:12 Nick Kurshev wrote:
> Hello!

[...]
> If you are author then PLEASE tell me - could I redistribute your
> stuff under GPL v2, what can be redistributed as separated work
> (LGPL like licence), what can be redistributed in binary form, and
> other conditions?

[...]
> qtrpza - ???

Hi Nick.

You can redistribute qtrpza.c (and other patches I'll submit) under GPL
v2 or LGPL.

The files included in mplayer will remain under mplayer licence.

Please note that this only covers my implementation, I don't know if
there are any licence issuses with the codec algorithm itself.

Ciao,
  Roberto