[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mplayer's licence (not a flame)

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Mon Mar 18 21:24:05 CET 2002

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Roberto Togni wrote:

> Please note that this only covers my implementation, I don't know if
> there are any licence issuses with the codec algorithm itself.

	Heh, imagine the legal nastygram: "...Your program includes
intellectual property that belongs to Apple computer. You are hereby
ordered to cease and desist using the Apple Graphics (rpza) codec, a codec
that no one cares about now or even back when it was first released, and
provide proof that you have complied with this nastygram..."

	:)
--
	-Mike Melanson