[MPlayer-dev-eng] More On Automatic Codec Downloader

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Mon Mar 11 23:10:05 CET 2002

On 11 Mar 2002, Daniel Egger wrote:

> Don't know about slackware but I can tell from my own experience that
> homebrewn systems will only be quite limited without perl. You cannot
> even build a complete gcc nowadays without perl.

	Can't build gcc without Perl...but...can't build Perl without
gcc...and can't build gcc without Perl and can't build Perl
without...oww! My poor brain hurts now!

	Seriously, though, you said "complete" gcc, which I take to mean
that certain parts of gcc (obviously not the core compiler) rely on Perl.
Which parts?

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson