[MPlayer-dev-eng] More On Automatic Codec Downloader

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Mon Mar 11 23:16:40 CET 2002

On 11 Mar 2002, Daniel Egger wrote:

> Anyway, that's way off topic. Since the downloader is an optional
> feature and not a requirement it shouldn't matter whether it needs
> perl or not; better use wget though....

	This would be nice, and I've started to toy with it. Wget knows
how to follow HTTP redirections, so it could make the initial request, get
the redirect, and download the CAB file. However, I can't figure out how
to make wget send a POST request. True, a POST request is supposed to be
interchangeable with a properly-coded GET request, but Microsoft's server
responds with nonsense in my cursory experiment with the approach.
However, maybe I need to forge the same HTTP headers that WMP sends
(which wget can do). I'll experiment later.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson