[MPlayer-dev-eng] More On Automatic Codec Downloader

Daniel Egger degger at fhm.edu
Mon Mar 11 22:21:39 CET 2002

Am Mon, 2002-03-11 um 05.39 schrieb dan carter:

> I suspect that in the latest version of the most popular linux desktop
> distribution you cannot rely on perl.

> (Mandrake 8.2 as a 60Mb install target so i doubt that includes perl).

A 60MB install target sounds suspect to me. Most distributions are soo
bloated it's almost impossible to build a simple server system < 150M
without radically removing files behind the installer.

Anyway, that's way off topic. Since the downloader is an optional
feature and not a requirement it shouldn't matter whether it needs
perl or not; better use wget though....

--
Servus,
       Daniel