[MPlayer-dev-eng] gtk interoperability with mplayer and mga_vid

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat Mar 9 16:13:52 CET 2002

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 17:47:35 +0100
Bisiach Paolo <Paolo.Bisiach at mail.wind.it> wrote:

> Hi, we are developing a front-end to make mplayer an "embedded" application
> (say a desktop appliance).
> We use SB Live 5.1 and Matrox G400 DH. Everything is working fine (at least
> !...)
> We use flash compressed disk, switching (no fan) power supply, LCD display
> for output, IR receiver and some keys (connecter to LPT) for transport.
> We would like to make a graphic front-end with Gtk+/Glib...The question is:
> is it possible to use gtk (or GTK on DirectFB, see
> http://www.directfb.org/gtk.html) to make this frontend and mantain
> operability with mplayer and mga_vid ?

I'm not a developer and dont understand every bit of mga_vid
(arpi is here the man in charge) but i think it's possible.
Simplest should be to use the keying system of the G400, ie
just mask the range where you want to have the picture and leave
the rest for the gui. See the xmga code for this.

> We are actually compiling our
> pre-pre-pre front end INSIDE mplayer, but no graphic yet.
> If you think this project could be interesting, we can then give you
> electrical diagrams/sw, ecc

Sure, why not.

		Attila Kinali

--