[MPlayer-dev-eng] gtk interoperability with mplayer and mga_vid

Bisiach Paolo Paolo.Bisiach at mail.wind.it
Wed Mar 6 17:47:35 CET 2002

Hi, we are developing a front-end to make mplayer an "embedded" application
(say a desktop appliance).
We use SB Live 5.1 and Matrox G400 DH. Everything is working fine (at least
!...)
We use flash compressed disk, switching (no fan) power supply, LCD display
for output, IR receiver and some keys (connecter to LPT) for transport.
We would like to make a graphic front-end with Gtk+/Glib...The question is:
is it possible to use gtk (or GTK on DirectFB, see
http://www.directfb.org/gtk.html) to make this frontend and mantain
operability with mplayer and mga_vid ? We are actually compiling our
pre-pre-pre front end INSIDE mplayer, but no graphic yet.
If you think this project could be interesting, we can then give you
electrical diagrams/sw, ecc
bye
Paolo Bisiach