[MPlayer-dev-eng] programming specs for the G400, specifically brightness/contrast

Brian J. Murrell 35ecd069baeff5d2f39891bc0ef7e9bd at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Mar 8 05:54:15 CET 2002

The vidix EQ does not work on the G400 (BES).  I have "#deinfed" the
MGA_EQUALIZER macro but I get a picture that is shaded green on the
top half and purple on the bottom half (or is it the other way
around?) and adjusting the brightness and/or contrast has no effect.

The whole mechanism looks pretty simple so I want to try to fix it,
but how do I know which registers are to be programmed with what
values to adjust brightness and contrast?  There is some code there to
do it, but it's obviously got a problem.

Is there a programming spec for the G400 around somewhere?  Where did
the values in the current implementation come from?

Thanx,
b.

--
Brian J. Murrell