[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmpcodecs and DR

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Mar 7 03:58:44 CET 2002

Hi,

I've done half of libmpcodecs porting, only a few simple codecs and the
libmpeg2 left. I'll finish these tomorrow (I hope).

For testing new features (like buffer management and stride/width flags)
I've implemented simple direct rendering into libvo, via control().
Currently only -vo mga and -vo xmga supports it, but I'll add to others
soon. It works fine, very fine. It does direct rendering with Vfw and
Divx4linux (for any width) and with DShow codecs if movie width == libvo
stride (i'll add stride support to dshow later - needs deeper changes in
dshow interface).

Nick, could you add such get_image() stuff to vidix driver(s) ?
(see mga_common.c for example - i'm sure vidix version will be very similar)
It should replace your ugly DR hack soon, as i'll delete old dec_video.c
as soon as i finish moving codecs to libmpcodecs.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team