[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmpcodecs v0.0.0.1

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Mar 2 19:50:11 CET 2002

Hi,

> > anyway, if someone starts porting a codec, tell me (to list) it
> > before start working, so no duplicated work happens.
>
> Ok. I'll try to port my rpza codec to libmpcodecs. Expect a patch
> tonight or tomorrow.
> I'll follow your cinepak example and write a vd_qtrpza.c that calls the
> original decoding function in qtrpza.c file. If you prefer a single
> file containing all the code just let me know.

I don't really know.
I wanted to make only minal changes, so I've added optional stride parameter
to cinepak.c and call it from vd_cinepak.
Anyway, it seems that cinepak suffers from teh same problems like h263, so
it has own width/height in header and it sometimes (about half fo samples on
mphq) from width/height in avi/qt header. New filter layer can solve this,
but I have to add the new API calls inside the decoder, between header and
content decoding. So it means decoder and new API wrapper in one file...
Or maybe splitting cinepak decoding function to decode_header and
decode_frame...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team