[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmpcodecs v0.0.0.1

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Mar 1 08:27:40 CET 2002

Hi,

> On Friday 01 March 2002 01:38, Arpi wrote:
> [...]
> > Anyway, why does -vo x11 support YUY2 ??? It confuses current silly
> > colorspace selection code :(((
> > (it chooses double conversion (yv12->yuy2->rgb) for many codecs)
> hmm, imho the colorspace selection should be a bit smarter ;)
agree. and if you didn't noticed yet, i'm working on that...
but for this short time while we use the old code, we shouldn't make such
changes. RTFM tech/dunnowhatisthename.txt, there is described what
colorspaces teh libvo drivers should handle.
the yuv drivers should handle YUV formats (at least yv12 and yuy2),
and maybe rgb24.
the rgb drivers should handle all rgb formats (but at least 15 and 24 bpp)
and yv12.

> ideally we should implement some benchmarking ...
> but what about assigning some score for each format so that query_format()
> outputs some score instead of just 1 or 0 and each supported format of every
it's not 0 or 1, it's flags. anyway x11 is so simple it just returns 0 or 1
you missed some tech/*  rtfm :)

> or we simply disable all formats which we dont like (like yuy2 in vo_x11, an
> bgr in vidix/mach64 as it looks pretty bad if its scaled)
yes, for now these should be disabled.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team