[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmpcodecs v0.0.0.1

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Mar 1 03:33:12 CET 2002

Hi

On Friday 01 March 2002 01:38, Arpi wrote:
[...]
> Anyway, why does -vo x11 support YUY2 ??? It confuses current silly
> colorspace selection code :(((
> (it chooses double conversion (yv12->yuy2->rgb) for many codecs)
hmm, imho the colorspace selection should be a bit smarter ;)
ideally we should implement some benchmarking ...
but what about assigning some score for each format so that query_format()
outputs some score instead of just 1 or 0 and each supported format of every
codec has a score too, and we simply choose the one which has the smallest
sum (codec format score + vo format score) later we can then turn this score
into the microsecs per frame ...
or we simply disable all formats which we dont like (like yuy2 in vo_x11, and
bgr in vidix/mach64 as it looks pretty bad if its scaled)
[...]

Michael