[MPlayer-dev-eng] encoding to huffyuv

Billy Biggs vektor at dumbterm.net
Sat Jun 29 20:52:46 CEST 2002

Arpi (arpi at thot.banki.hu):

> > I want to do higher quality capturing on slow machine eg capture to
> > a losless format and then co mpress. Huffyuv seems to be good choice
> > for the capturing so if noone adds support for it to men coder or
> > plans to do so I would do it. The usage of huffyuv is not
> > fundamental though, if someon
>
> great, you have to implement a ve_*.c file, and link it to makefile,
> ve.c see other ve_* for example the main point is converting the c++
> code from public huffyuv source to unix c
>
> > e has smart ideas about highspeed losless compression I would like
> > to implement them.

  An alternative, I wrote a simple huffyuv-style compression codec for
Y'CbCr streams that you can download here:

  http://www.dumbterm.net/graphics/compression

  It's really simple, and I use the same code for chroma as for luma
(silly), but it gives good results and I was using it in a v4l recorder
app I've been writing (www.sf.net/projects/reetpvr).  It would be pretty
easy I bet to throw it in mplayer.  The code is straight C and only
depends on inttypes.h :)

--
Billy Biggs
vektor at dumbterm.net