[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmad

Harold James haroldmasterson at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 25 20:55:40 CEST 2002

Hi,

I am trying to trim the Mplayer. I first discard all the libraries I didn't. I wanted to use libmad so I enabled libmad when configuring. Then I tried disabling mp3lib, thinking that the player should make use of the libmad library for some reasons, it just didn't work and the mplayer just does not output sound. however when configuring the scripts says that the libmad library is there. It is simply that during running phase the player does not find any audio library suitable if I remove mp3lib.

Do you need mp3lib in oder to use libmad? Or is there something I that I have missed?

libmad is a fully-featured mp3library decoder isn't it?

I am sorry if I sound a little bit idiotic. It might just be some sort for pathing problem but I am kind of a newbie to the Linux environment and its philosophy.

I hopesomebody has the patience to answer me?

Harry