[MPlayer-dev-eng] thoughts on cdparanoia

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jun 11 20:30:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Hey, I saw that Alban just added support for playing audio CDs through
> the cdparanoia library. IMHO, it would be very cool to make this
> stream source so it can play back other file types (as opposed to just
> raw audio) stored as cdda tracks. Then it would be possible to store
> an playback large mpeg4 movies this way with mplayer. Of course
> there's no graceful error handling this way, and it can already be

mplayer -vcd 1

.so made mode2 cd containing teh raw avi file as a track

> done with cdparanoia|mplayer, but by using the paranoia library
yep, paranoia may help here, and also on video cds to fix errors
it would be a cool feature to playback bad quality vcd disks unplayable
with other players :)

but, isn't that paranoia thing implemented as stream?
(i didn't read albeus patch yet)

it would have sense doing it as patch, so we could use -cache then

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team