[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: pre5?

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 8 00:27:01 CEST 2002

On Friday 07 June 2002 16:26, Tobias Diedrich wrote:
> Anders Johansson wrote:
> > > BTW, once the new AO plugin architecture is in place, is anyone
> > > interested in fixing resample so the pitch isn't off by so much? It's
> > > frequently off by as much as 5% with the current implementation...
> >
> > Can you hear it? I have never tried listening t music or anything like
>
> Well it would definetely be nice to have an exact resampling plugin,
> e.g. for playing 23.98fps movies at 25fps.
> (Movies are converted to PAL by increasing speed)
For that purpose it is desirable to use a pitch scaling algorithm, that would
allow to resample the sound without modifying the pitch, so the speech still
sounds natural. An interesting algorithmn for pitch-scaling can be found at:
http://www.dspdimension.com/ (with sample sources)

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos