[MPlayer-dev-eng] XMAME petition

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jun 6 20:16:51 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I don't really know which results could this give :) I was thinking of
> grouping four blocks into only one before passing it to the video decoder,
> although I don't know how blocks are read/passed to decoder yet, it's only
> a theorical proposition :) video-decoding seems to be the more
> cpu-intensive task on my computers (g3 and athlon), that's why I thought
> about having less decoding to be done.

you really has no any clue about mpeg video coding...
it is not possible to 'grouping' blocks.
and it's not possible to partially decode them, as they depend on eachother
(MC).

i don't know what codec do you think, i can't even imagine such codec where
this thing could work...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team