[MPlayer-dev-eng] troubles compiling on cygwin, portability issues

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 31 23:32:36 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 31 July 2002 18:09, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 10:38:06AM +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > > Would it be a problem to change ./etc/inttypes.h to match the (new?)
> > > cygwin definitions?
> >
> > no, just would break build with older cygwins, hmm...
>
> I thought the older cygwins didn't have the definitions at all --
> thats why mplayer provides its own inttypes.h.
yes, so if you remove 'em from cygwin_inttypes.h old cygwins won't build
anymore, probably try to find out if cygwin defines it's version in some
macro, it could be used to only have these defs if needed.

> > > I finally got it to work, with overlays, but it segfaults when
> > > resizing or going fullscreen (even with -fs on the commandline). Is
> > > this normal? I couldn't get it working with the SDLmain junk
> > > (WinMain at 16 unresolved) so I just disabled that stuff -- maybe this
> > > was bad. :)
> > >
> > > Also I had to edit vo_sdl.c to turn on surface locking to keep it from
> > > crashing altogether. This should probably be enabled by default...
> > > Or...I was on #sdl earlier and seemed to overhear someone talking
> > > about an undocumented function/macro to check whether a given surface
> > > needs locking, so perhaps this would be a useful check.
> >
> > yes, surface locking seems needed on win also you should try to use an
> > older vo_sdl.c. before Fredrik Kuivinen added the osd-outise-movie stuff,
> > as
>
> Shouldn't this hack be removed now since it just duplicates -vop
> expand in a broken way?
probably yes, but I'm not sure yet -vop expand is as efficient, needs some
sorrow testing, also it would be nice if the expand could be autoloaded
intead of always needing to figure out the right params.

> > directx doesn't like to create more than one hw surface it seems.
> > I think I can send you such version if you're too lazy to search cvslog,
> > note that you would need to readd "directx" to the list of windowed
> > capable drivers (as now "x11", "aa", ...).
>
> It was added quite a long time ago -- I imagine there have been
> (at least minor) changes to the vo architecture since then that would
> break the old vo_sdl.c.
jein, you'll probably only loose direct rendering capability (which isn't
fully impelemented it seems anyways, at least dr1 doesn't work, as most of
that code was added by Fredrik not by me, I can't say much about it).

> Unfortunately I no longer have access to the box I was testing on, but
> I can probably test on another box instead sometime.
ok. watching Memento now, erm I mean I'm going to test mplayer's rendering
capabilities ;)

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos