[MPlayer-dev-eng] troubles compiling on cygwin, portability issues

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Jul 31 18:09:50 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 10:38:06AM +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > Would it be a problem to change ./etc/inttypes.h to match the (new?)
> > cygwin definitions?
> no, just would break build with older cygwins, hmm...

I thought the older cygwins didn't have the definitions at all --
thats why mplayer provides its own inttypes.h.

> > I finally got it to work, with overlays, but it segfaults when
> > resizing or going fullscreen (even with -fs on the commandline). Is
> > this normal? I couldn't get it working with the SDLmain junk
> > (WinMain at 16 unresolved) so I just disabled that stuff -- maybe this
> > was bad. :)
> >
> > Also I had to edit vo_sdl.c to turn on surface locking to keep it from
> > crashing altogether. This should probably be enabled by default...
> > Or...I was on #sdl earlier and seemed to overhear someone talking
> > about an undocumented function/macro to check whether a given surface
> > needs locking, so perhaps this would be a useful check.
> yes, surface locking seems needed on win also you should try to use an older
> vo_sdl.c. before Fredrik Kuivinen added the osd-outise-movie stuff, as

Shouldn't this hack be removed now since it just duplicates -vop
expand in a broken way?

> directx doesn't like to create more than one hw surface it seems.
> I think I can send you such version if you're too lazy to search cvslog, note
> that you would need to readd "directx" to the list of windowed capable
> drivers (as now "x11", "aa", ...).

It was added quite a long time ago -- I imagine there have been
(at least minor) changes to the vo architecture since then that would
break the old vo_sdl.c.

Unfortunately I no longer have access to the box I was testing on, but
I can probably test on another box instead sometime.

Rich