[MPlayer-dev-eng] DocBook docs for download

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Jul 18 02:50:19 CEST 2002

Andras Mohari writes:

 > The documentation (source and HTML) is available (for a while) at
 >
 > 	http://www.nagyatad.hu/mpdoc

Nice to see this.  Looks quite good.  I especially like the code
sections with gray background.

Some comments/questions:

- What are those <fake> tags that appear in the HTML source?
- I suppose the <para>s inside of <listitem>s create the unnecessary
  linebreaks after each bullet in the bulleted lists.  This does not
  look good and makes some listitems overlap.  Maybe you should leave
  out the <para>s there.

 > I'll continue working on the docs, but I'm rather busy this week.

I've been thinking about this a bit, I really do not want to stop your
enthusiasm, but we are probably duplicating a lot of work at the
moment.  XML and HTML docs are already out of sync and this will only
get worse.  0.90 will ship with HTML docs, the switch to XML will be
afterwards.  How about making the conversion then?  We could freeze
the documentation for a week or two and then add all updates to the
XML version.  This way you do not have to track the changes to the
HTML and we do not have to try to keep the XML in sync...

What do you think?

Diego