[MPlayer-dev-eng] xvid codec and decoder

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 8 23:34:13 CEST 2002

Hi,

> i think i will have no problem writing ve_xvid..c, my problem are adding the
> right line in all the other files=)

for decoder, you have to add new driver id (#define VFM_*) in codec-cfg.h
and driver name in codec-cfg.c, and a new entry in codecs.conf with the same
driver name ('xvid' in your case). you have to add your .c file to the
Makefile in libmpcodecs, and add it to the list in vd.c

this is long, unneeded and ugly process, and it's at the top of my TODO to
cleanup this stuff. driver IDs will be removed, and the codecs.conf->vd
mapping will be done by name->vd (now it's a driver name->id->vd mapping)
so even dynamic loading of codecs (vd_+drivername+.so) will be possible.

for encoding, things are even worse :(
you should add your ve_*.c to Makefile and ve.c, and also add it several
places in mencoder.c and cfg-mencoder.h.

anyway it's ok for me if you do it in ve_divx4.c, i'll do the renaming then.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team