[MPlayer-dev-eng] Problem: http auth and asx playlist

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 8 06:05:07 CEST 2002

Hi,

there's a problem with the HTTP auth, when trying to playback asx playlist, as
it doesn't pass on the user/pass to the playlist urls.

Here's an example:
mplayer -cache 512 -bandwidth 768000 -user blah -passwd blub -v -v
http://www.server.com/movies/some.asx

Now mplayer will connect with auth and get the header, then it detect asx
miemtype and reconnects with auth (only after my last fix), faking wmp
request headers.

Then it parses the asx playlist and begins to play the mms-url from it, but on
this request it is not sending the needed auth, as specified as global parms
before!

Bertrand, can you fix this? I wasn't yet able to track this down.

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos