[MPlayer-dev-eng] mga_vid and VT switching

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sun Jan 27 16:48:11 CET 2002

Hi!

Yesterday night I watched a great movie with - of'koz - MPlayer '-vo mga'
(it's simply, does not require X and so on). The only problem is that if you
change VT, video overlay does not care it (of'koz) so you can't pause
watching movie to eg check out some mail or so. It would be nice to pause
playing and release /dev/mga_vid on VT switching automatically. Of course it
can introduce some problems so maybe this behaviour should be enabled by an
option (which can be placed into my config file).

My qestion:
is there anybody here who is capable of knowing some ioctl's (or whatever)
to implement such a feature? I've never tried it yet ...

- Gábor