[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer audio only == a linux tool to listen asf audio strWed Jan 23 21:20:24 2002

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 23 20:22:11 CET 2002

Hi,

> I alredy talked a little about this, the patch is here. I know Arpi don't really
> want that mplayer become an audio player but when I see the structure
> of mplayer I can't understand his point of view. The patch is little and
> mplayer become the only linux tools (wich I know) able to play live asf audio
> stream. I see no reason that this patch broke anything, but it will not work
> with the gui (at least now) and the seeking also don't work (also at least now).
>
> Good and bad feedback are welcome ;-).

bad comes.
i don't see the reason of messing in asf demuxer. it's the only demuxer
designed to support audio-only too. it must work without any changes.
if not, upload sample file. i have only one .wma file.

and i don't really like that many if(sh_video) over the source. i'm sure
there is a cleaner way to implement it. i'll look at it later.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu