[MPlayer-dev-eng] XviD support is done

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jan 18 14:08:04 CET 2002

Hi,

> > > the resulting file was 120mb long. for 1 minute...
>
> Fixed... typo in the opendivx-compatibility stuff

thx

> > single pass encoding works. so maybe xvid reporst bad numbers at vbr status
> > stuff...
> > anyway, quality is still worse than divx4 with the same options :(
>
> Is it? I never had the impression. What have you been encoding?
> We had problems lately with dark material at higher quantizers.
> Normaly we get smaller quantizers at same bitrate than DivX4.

Ok, i'll do more testing (it was just an impression that it's worse, i
didn't actually compared to divx4, but i coded the same content with divx4
earlier and it had no such ugly artifacts as with xvid)
I'll upload samples.

Btw, what about optimization I can't see any opt flags in Makefile or
Makefile.linux. There are a few things commented in .linux makefile, but are
they safe to enable? as most of teh code is in plain C, they should help...

Is it safe to enable max stuff (omit fp, -O4, -mcpu=i686 etc) or are there
still problems with them?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu