[MPlayer-dev-eng] XviD support is done

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Fri Jan 18 11:38:42 CET 2002

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Arpi wrote:

> Hi,

> > hmm. just tested cvs version...
> > something is still broken. encoded 2pass from dvd:
> >
> > mencoder -dvd 1 -chapter 5 -frames 1500 -divx4opts br=800 -pass 1
> > mencoder -dvd 1 -chapter 5 -frames 1500 -divx4opts br=800 -pass 2
> >
> > the resulting file was 120mb long. for 1 minute...

Fixed... typo in the opendivx-compatibility stuff

> single pass encoding works. so maybe xvid reporst bad numbers at vbr status
> stuff...
> anyway, quality is still worse than divx4 with the same options :(

Is it? I never had the impression. What have you been encoding?
We had problems lately with dark material at higher quantizers.
Normaly we get smaller quantizers at same bitrate than DivX4.

gruel
--
Christoph H. Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 15 Tel. (0228) 73-4708 | nell erstellt und bedarf