[MPlayer-dev-eng] XviD support is done

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jan 17 23:24:48 CET 2002

Hi,

> > MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: demux_open

hmm. just tested cvs version...
something is still broken. encoded 2pass from dvd:

mencoder -dvd 1 -chapter 5 -frames 1500 -divx4opts br=800 -pass 1
mencoder -dvd 1 -chapter 5 -frames 1500 -divx4opts br=800 -pass 2

the resulting file was 120mb long. for 1 minute...
and, when i tried to playback it, i got 48% cpu usage on p4 1.8ghz (not so
fast...) and lots of 'internal overflow' errors on console. but it played.

> > but who needs divx4 if xvid is better?
>
> I do sometimes, because it plays DivX3.11. I guess XviD won't in near future
> because of legal reasons. But XviD as default with fallback to something else
> would be nice :-)

ffmpeg's divx decoder actually works much faster and less buggy than divx4
for both divx3 and divx4 files. and it's gpl too.
and i really doubt your xvid decoder can be faster than ffdivx, having just
a few small things in asm, compared to overoptimized ffdivx...
but i'll check (at least try, but xvid doens't really work for me...)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu