[MPlayer-dev-eng] XviD support is done

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Thu Jan 17 23:19:46 CET 2002

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Arpi wrote:
> > XviD does not play DivX3 contents, only real MPEG4 (like Divx4's).
> and what about really real mpeg4 ? i mean stuff in .mp4 files.

Should work, if it's MPEG4 simple profile or core profile (core is not
complete, but will be). I could not test, because test-files
on ftp.mplayerhu.hu caused MPlayer to segfault (not XviD...)

> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: demux_open

> > P.S. Could somebody modify configure for support? And what can we do
> > to support DivX4 and XviD at the same time without name conflicts?
> maybe dlopen()
>
> but who needs divx4 if xvid is better?

I do sometimes, because it plays DivX3.11. I guess XviD won't in near future
because of legal reasons. But XviD as default with fallback to something else
would be nice :-)

gruel

--
Christoph H. Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 15 Tel. (0228) 73-4708 | nell erstellt und bedarf