[MPlayer-dev-eng] I have included native joystick support into mplayer- patch available soon

Rick rick at topaz.ne.mediaone.net
Sun Jan 13 19:59:42 CET 2002

I have added the joystick support, built it, and tested it.  It is all
working perfectly.  I had to change all uses of KEY_UP KEY_DOWN, etc  (all
definitions in linux/keycodes.h) to MP_KEY_UP, etc.

I have to go out right now, but I should be able to make the diffs later
tonight so they can be included.

I have not made any changes to configure to define HAVE_JOYSTICK

I used #ifdef HAVE_JOYSTICK for the code I added to mplayer.  This definition
will need to be set by the configure script for it to all work properly.. i
have just changed config.mak to add -DHAVE_JOYSTICK to the compiler options
for my own testing

I have never done anything with configure scripts.. so I have no clue here to
begin.. I'm sure it will be simple for someone on this list to do.

also, I have not made any changes to the docs.. I can probably do this within
a couple of days unless someone else does it sooner