[MPlayer-dev-eng] awk...

Bjoern Fischer bfischer at Techfak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Sat Jan 12 22:56:34 CET 2002

> I agree with Nick, he tested with gawk, so supports only it.
> If somebody have mawk/xawk/yawk/etc then he should test it and
> report if it works or send patch to make it work.

Nick could use "gawk --traditional" and/or "gawk --posix" to check
if the script would work with a POSIX compliant awk.

> We're fortunatelly over this awk shitty, but it will occurs in the future
> again with other stuff. MPlayer has more and more dependencies.

It is something different if you say "You must have gawk (or nawk ...)
to compile mplayer" than "You can compile mplayer with *any* POSIX
compliant awk".

-Björn