[MPlayer-dev-eng] A new config/playtree patch

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Fri Jan 11 16:44:58 CET 2002

Hello all,

Here come my new patch. It add full playtree support on the command line, using
a improved config system. So now we don't need anymore to have all options
defined in the same struct, each module can define it's options privatly (see
cfgparser.h), you can also request an option by name (to have the coresponding
struct config). This was for the developpers. Now for the users, the command line
schema is a little changed, it work in a group way. First come the options common
to the whole group than after each entry (filename or playlist option) you can add
some entry specific option (you can also override a previously setted option). So if
you enter 'mplayer -vc odivx file1 file2 file3 -framedrop file4 -vo x11' it will use
odivx codec for all files, do framedroppping on file3 and use vo x11 for file4.
Cool no ?
But there is better you can create subgroup (tree ?) using { } , so
'mplayer -framedrop file1 file2 { -noframedrop file3 file4 } file5' do frame dropping
on all file except file3 and file4.

There is also some minor change :

The keys < > are now used (like it was) to jump to the next/prev entry and
HOME END are used to skip the current subtree and go to next/prev (in the 2°
cmd line exemple while it play file3 or 4 HOME jump to file5 and END to file2)

In uninit_video there were no uninit for odivx/divx4 now it's here.

I hope it please everybody. Note that the option stuff will not work with some option
wich require a reset function (I think to aa* for exemple). Also global option
(-v , etc) can be anywere in the cmd line it's don't matter.

	Albeu