[MPlayer-dev-eng] New playlist support

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jan 8 11:35:59 CET 2002

Hi,

> > Nice work! Patch commited.
> > At first time, it looked a bit weird and unclean, but after understanding
> > how does it work, i saw: you implemented it very well. Good!
> 	Thank you very much !!
> > I also offer cvs write access, if you're interested, contact me in private
> > with loginname and initial pass.
> 	Nice proposition :·). But it's the first project I work on and I'm still not
> 	very sure of me. Let's wait a little more, unless you really prefer I have
ok
tell me when you are ready to enter the cvs :))

btw, about this. (yes it's getting offtopic, but...)
i have no problem with patches, but it slows down development a bit (delays
changes to be applied) and also needs extra time of other developers to
check and commit patches. and increases reaction time when hotfix needed...
but it can't be avoided if someone makes bad/buggy patches, they shouldn't
commited without double-checking and fixing. but for people sending good
patches (no need fixing) i suggest direct cvs usage.

now, back to the topic: :)
> Now, the next step for me will be on the config stuff. I want to have  per-entry
> config along this playtree stuff. I plan to use a stack schema, but it will require
> to have a option-reverting func for all options wich need it (In clear a function
> that turn the stuff concerned by the option in the initial state like when mplayer
> start). The probleme is that I can't do all this reverting func my self (don't now
> mplayer enouth). So it will need some work from other ppl. The question is are
> you (all ppl who now who an option is used in the source) ready to do this reverting
> func ?
>
> Also if I touch this option stuff I would like to add way for each module to
> "register" its options, and a way to "retrive" the option (just the pointer not the
> value). All this to avoid the use of global vars to pass the options. Currently
> about all options are using global vars and the number of option increase quickly
> (very good imho), but it also increase the number of global vars 8·(

my plan was to change options interface to global and file-specific stuff.

global options should be initialized once, and shouldn't change between
files. file-specific options should kept in struct for each file.
(and restored when playing the file again - loop)

maybe, by moving default values to the config struct (cfg-*.h) your problem
can be solved. just implement an init_options() or similar function, which
go through the config struct and sets all values to its default.
the default values in memory could be updated at config parsing...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu