[MPlayer-dev-eng] New playlist support

Anders Rune Jensen root at gnulinux.dk
Tue Jan 8 02:47:27 CET 2002

On tir, 2002-01-08 at 01:22, Alban Bedel wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I've done a completlly new playlist handling. It based on a tree schema to allow
> nasted loop, etc. So it's called playtree and not playlist. It's also support multiple
> source for a single entry. Currently it support "old plaintext" and asx format. But
> it's ready to extend with other formats. It's also set some new keys : HOME
> and END to skip whole file and INS,SUP to select a source. The patch also
> correct a little bug in libmpdemux wich prevent asf prerecorded contents to end,
> remove the unuseful connection closing when reading from network, and extend
> the connection timeout from 5 seconds to 15.
> I think that's all, comments are welcome.
> 	Albeu

It's in cvs now and doesn't compile :(

Let me explain some problems I've had with flat playlist and then tell
me if it works with your playtree. In irmp3 the player I've used to play
mp3's with my remote control has a flat playlist, so I load up my
complete collection and decides I don't want to hear some artist anymore
I usually have to press next 40 times or so :( It would be great if you
could press a button to go to the next subtree. Im considered using
mplayer as my music player with your latest playlist... Can I just to a
-vo null or do I have to change some code?

--
Regards
|Anders Rune Jensen        icq  : #52926571        |