[MPlayer-dev-eng] -vo vesa + radeon_vid + subtitles

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Sat Jan 5 09:57:48 CET 2002

Hello, Arpi!

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:39:25 +0200 (CEST) you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some users on hungarian maillist told us that $SUBJ combination doesnt work.
Did you read my previous emails carefully?
> Previous subs aren't deteled so it looks ugly when it renders next subtitle
> over previous ones. It's when image doesn't fill the screen and there left
> some black space under it.

I did it intentionally with hope that we'll fix it.
Indeed I didn't want paint OSD over movie when there are bold black borders.
I guessed that we should improve this lack. (I suggest to clear OSD location before
painting new ones).
Well - if this problem has no solution then I'm ready move OSD back in movie area.

> And, the -v option shouldn't enabel checkboard for vesa drivers. Many users
> have -v by defaut/...
And for what?
Checkboard is need for testing purposes only. It helps me and other developers
fix some problems (With it help was detected bug in SWScale algorithm).
I'm ready paint it in double verbosed mode (-v -v) if there are no users which have
it by default.