[MPlayer-dev-eng] More subtitles: mencoder with DVD subtitles,

Kim Minh Kaplan kaplan at kim-minh.com
Fri Jan 4 19:07:27 CET 2002

Arpi writes:

> What does your 'antialiasing' do? It mean only linear interpolation, or
> something special math to improve quality of scaled subtitles?

It's just some basic math that I worked out that take into account all
off the pixels in the source image that contribute to the pixel in the
target image.  I think that it is usually called unweighted area
sampling but I'm not sure: the book I have uses this term for sampling
but not for image transformation...  Anyway I have started adding some
comments (and fixing bugs) to explain the algorithm.

Kim Minh.