[MPlayer-dev-eng] More subtitles: mencoder with DVD subtitles,

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Jan 4 05:20:59 CET 2002

Hi

On Friday 04 January 2002 04:06, Arpi wrote:
[...]
> So, if you're interested, and have time, let's see what can you do with it
> :) I have no real code yet, just ideas, written above in prev mail.
> About the struct, i think something like this would be ok:
>
> typedef struct {
>    char readonly;  // if set (1), we should copy it before modifying
>    int width,height;  // dimension of stored image (playes[0])
>    uint8_t* planes[3]; // same as in dec_video.c
>    int stride[3];  // bytes/line of image planes
>    uint32_t* palette; // for 8bpp stuff. maybe could be at planes[1]
>    int img_fmt;   // see libvo/imgfmt.h. maybe also add bpp field for
> easier work int w,h,x,y;   // dimentsion and position of effective
> (visible) image } mp_video_surface_t;

typedef struct {
	int *supportedInOutFormatPairs;
	int (*init)(char *args, int inFormat, int outFormat);
	int (*filter)(mp_video_surface_t *src, mp_video_surface_t *dst,
		      void *privateData);
	char *filterName;
	char *author;
} filterDescriptor_t;

using such a struct would allow easy adding of new filters (only a pointer to
the structure would be needed to add the filter),

multiple filter chains would be cool to, it would allow us to combine / blend
multiple movies and such stuff someday

... changeing the number of frames / framerate (framerate converting filters)
would be nice too

what about dynamic loading?

Michael