[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio Codec Trivia

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Fri Jan 4 00:09:29 CET 2002

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Arpi wrote:

> btw, does the 'Duck Corp' really exists?
> I always thought it was just an example in the msdn sdk sample codec and
> some developer forgot to change it :)

	If I were drinking milk right now, I guarantee I would be snorting
it through my nose...:) Yes, Duck really did exist, and is now [part of]
On2 technologies, who is now doing the VP3 codec. They first did Duck
Truemotion v1, which was used in Sega Saturn games. They also did the TM20
Truemotion v2.0 codec that MPlayer supports via Win32. They have had a few
other codecs that have been licensed out to other video game consoles.

> maybe based on other infos (like blockalign or samplesize) of headers

	I was thinking along the same lines, since it appears that these 2
formats are always encoded with the same nBlockAlign size (512 and 2048
bytes respectively).

--
	-Mike Melanson