[MPlayer-dev-eng] wrong positioning of vobsubs

Kim Minh Kaplan kmkaplan at selfoffice.com
Thu Feb 28 03:29:43 CET 2002

Felix Buenemann writes:

> Hi Kim Minh,
>
> the positioning of vobsubs is wrong, they are placed too high because you
> don't calculate, that the black borders present on the dvd are cropped away
> in the divx.

Oh, I hadn't realized that there were black borders in DVD frames!
Now I understand better why everybody's screaming for cropping in
mencoder.  And also why I produce 640x360 when everybody is doing
640x272...

But I wonder what kind of guessing could be done to get back the
original frame's size?

Kim Minh.