[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio Filter Layer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Feb 28 03:38:58 CET 2002

Hi,

> > we should move ao_plugin and related plugins from libao api level,
> > it should be handled by dec_audio. Needed for proper support from mencoder
> .
>
> I think this is a good idea cause I wanted to integrate AC3 decoding /
> encoding into the plugin interface, and it is probably easier to move
> the plugins then moving the audio decoders. It will however require
> rewriting the interface cause the current implementation is made as a
> pseudo audio out driver. Perhaps we should give the plugins a separate
> directory?

we should move audio decoders to libmpacodecs (and rename libmpcodecs to
libmpvcodecs), and it would be the best place for audio filters too.

> > Are there any plans regarding audio filter support in mplayer's new filter
> > layer?
> >
> > Anders?
> >
> > Btw, is anyone working on audio volume normalizer? (i saw pl_volume)
>
> Yes I have rescheduled so it will be ready Real Soon Now (TM), na just
> kidding I haven't started yet but it is easy to implement so it won't
> take long to finish it.

do you plan to read whole audio stream, find highest volume and then set up
software mixer? or you will dinamically set volume depending on avg/max
volume, similar to brightness control of postprocess filter?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team