[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio Filter Layer

Anders Johansson ajh at atri.curtin.edu.au
Thu Feb 28 02:56:57 CET 2002

Hi,

> we should move ao_plugin and related plugins from libao api level,
> it should be handled by dec_audio. Needed for proper support from mencoder.

I think this is a good idea cause I wanted to integrate AC3 decoding /
encoding into the plugin interface, and it is probably easier to move
the plugins then moving the audio decoders. It will however require
rewriting the interface cause the current implementation is made as a
pseudo audio out driver. Perhaps we should give the plugins a separate
directory?

> Are there any plans regarding audio filter support in mplayer's new filter
> layer?
>
> Anders?
>
> Btw, is anyone working on audio volume normalizer? (i saw pl_volume)

Yes I have rescheduled so it will be ready Real Soon Now (TM), na just
kidding I haven't started yet but it is easy to implement so it won't
take long to finish it.

> -
> alex

//Anders