[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer's Official IRC Channels (i think this isn't offtopic)

Alex Beregszaszi alex at naxine.org
Sat Feb 23 20:17:25 CET 2002

<20020223183420.GA4274 at woodstock.localdomain>; from gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu on Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 07:34:20PM +0100
> Alex Beregszaszi didn't RTFM :
> > We should open our mind (.hu devels) and recognize #mplayer @ OpenProjects
> > as an another official channels
> "another"..

Yes...

> > Personally I will move there if at least a big percent of the non-.hu devels
> > are connected to there.
> Personally I won't, because all my favourite channels are on IRCnet, and I
> won't connect to an (IMHO) lame network as OPN, just because some people
> have difficulties connecting to IRCnet. Use ssh portforwarding throught mphq
> (ask arpi for it), I do the same (though not on mphq).

You aren't bond to change networks and join openprojects..it's just a possibility.
The main developement platform was, is and will be the mailing list(s).

> > It can be reached from everywhere, no splits (yes, they're very annoying),
> I'll be damned if OPN doesn't split sometimes.

I've never seen splits there, also there could be splits fewer than on ircnet
(smaller network, but, these numbers are speaking themselves:
-:- [local users on irc(1595)] 30%
-:- [global users on irc(2612)] 48%
-:- [invisible users on irc(2790)] 52%
-:- [ircops on irc(37)] 1%
-:- [total users on irc(5402)]
-:- [total servers on irc(28)] (avg. 192 users per server)
-:- [total channels created(2245)] (avg. 2 users per channel)
-:- Current local  users: 1595  Max: 2641
-:- Current global users: 5402  Max: 8575
)

> > no bots needed, not so hight percent of 'lamers' as at IRCnet.
> Bots are needed for reasons you should know. #MPlayerDEV is visited ONLY
> by developers, so I don't know what kind of lamers do you talk about.

Yes, #mplayerdev @ ircnet is the hungarian dev channel, and will be that forever.
#mplayer on ircnet isn't supported :(

-
alex