[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer's Official IRC Channels (i think this isn't offtopic)

Gabucino gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu
Sat Feb 23 19:34:20 CET 2002

Alex Beregszaszi didn't RTFM :
> We should open our mind (.hu devels) and recognize #mplayer @ OpenProjects
> as an another official channels
"another"..

> Personally I will move there if at least a big percent of the non-.hu devels
> are connected to there.
Personally I won't, because all my favourite channels are on IRCnet, and I
won't connect to an (IMHO) lame network as OPN, just because some people
have difficulties connecting to IRCnet. Use ssh portforwarding throught mphq
(ask arpi for it), I do the same (though not on mphq).

> It can be reached from everywhere, no splits (yes, they're very annoying),
I'll be damned if OPN doesn't split sometimes.

> no bots needed, not so hight percent of 'lamers' as at IRCnet.
Bots are needed for reasons you should know. #MPlayerDEV is visited ONLY
by developers, so I don't know what kind of lamers do you talk about.

--
Gabucino