[MPlayer-dev-eng] nice info ;)

dan carter dcarter at waitaki.otago.ac.nz
Fri Feb 22 00:52:37 CET 2002

Mike Melanson wrote:

> 	Seriously, though, are there any open source, online databases
> that are essentially the DVD analog of the CDDB? Would this type of thing
> even be useful? I don't know much about DVDs, but I thought they would
> already carry information like title and chapter information in a table of
> contents somewhere.

Yes there is.  I think i encoutnered it when i tried to use xine, i
found their database lookup thing to be the coolest feature.  Pity it
wouldn't actually play without segfaulting... but that was a long time ago.

I might be mistaken about which media player had that feature though...
And with a quick google search i can't find a link for the actuall
database...