[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer GUI

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 18 01:38:35 CET 2002

On Sunday, 17. February 2002 15:30, Arpi wrote:
> argh... threads sux, mplayer is not threadsafe at all and won't be...
>
> why don't split the gui from mplayer core? as a frontend, using the
> improved slave_mode to control it?
yea, preferably via sockets so it also works over a network.

> the only reason why gui was built into the core was controlling the libvo
> window. it is a mess.
yepp

> with -windowid we can pass window id to mplayer and it will render video to
> that window. so i see no sense of keeping them in the same binary.
IMHO it's bad approach to do it like that. GUI doesn't need the windowid, it
should just do control() calls to switch fullscreen and stuff, We should just
throw away the initial gui window with the mplayer logo inside, it causes too
much probs.
--
Best Regards,
	Atmos