[MPlayer-dev-eng] correctly interleaving audio/video in capture?

Charles Henrich henrich at sigbus.com
Sun Feb 17 05:17:55 CET 2002

> well see, mplayer treats the tv device as a demuxer. i think the error you
> got was because the tv device was filling the buffer with video frames
> faster than mencoder could take them out and save them. i suppose it could
> have something to do with audio...last i checked, the tv capture device in
> mplayer didn't even support audio capture. i'll take a look at the latest
> cvs and see...

it doesnt.  Well the top layer does seem to (tv.c), but im writing my own
capture device driver (for us *BSD folks, that dont have the v4l drivers).  I
can capture full PAL resolution at 25fps to disk uncompressed.  I can do half
that if I compress into divx.  It works flawlessly.  Until I enable audio
capture, then things just go to hell, so Im tring to track it down.  (even if
I dont actually try and read any audio in my driver, and return immediatly, it
still fails, so it has to be something in tv.c or above going haywire with
ds_add_packet synchronization perhaps).  Im new to this code, so im still
working out how it all fits together.

-Crh

       Charles Henrich         Eon Entertainment         henrich at msu.edu

                       http://www.sigbus.com:81/~henrich